Vampiric Touch (VT) is a Shadow Priest ability, available at level 28. It deals Shadow damage over 15 seconds, and grants the priest 2% of their maximum mana each time it deals damage.
- The PvP 4-piece set bonus from the Season 12 Satin and sets grants the improvement to Vampiric Touch.
- The T14 raiding gear 4-piece set bonus from the Shadow priest set increases the duration of Vampiric Touch by 3 seconds.
- Multiple VTs (on separate targets) will each restore 2% mana each tick, potentially providing the priest with endless mana.
- Since it costs only 3% of the priest's mana to cast, after only two ticks VT becomes a mana generator. Allowed to run its course, each cast of VT will actually regenerate at least 7% of the priest's mana (depending on haste).
- VTs reflected back onto the priest by or will still generate mana each time they deal damage.
- Shadow priests regularly finding themselves running low on mana may want to consider applying VT to more targets (and reapplying it should it be dispelled). Even when the damage dealt by VT is insignificant (such as to a secondary target or opponent that is not currently being focused on) it still serves to generate mana.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now deals 20% more damage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer triggers . Instead, each time damage is dealt, the caster gains 2% of maximum mana.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Damage done has been decreased by 12%. In addition, 's Vampiric Touch backlash fear effect no longer has diminishing returns.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): No longer causes damage upon being dispelled. However it can be improved by .
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The amount of damage done when this spell is dispelled has been doubled.