|This article is a User Interface stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
In patch 4.3, characters of all levels will be able to take advantage of a new technology known as “Void Storage”, which will open up 80 slots of long-term storage space. Void Storage vaults will be available in both Stormwind and Orgrimmar and can be accessed simply by speaking with your local Vaultkeeper.
A variety of items can be placed into Void Storage — including soulbound items and Battle.net Account Bound items — making it the perfect location to store trophies from past conquests, as well as armor you may want to hold onto for Transmogrification. So, if you’ve been looking for a good home for those old tier sets or your vanity holiday items, Void Storage is it! And it’s as easy to use as dragging and dropping.
In return for this unique service, the Ethereals will require a small fee for each item deposited into or withdrawn from their Void Storage apparatus. Multiple items can be added and removed at once, and the cost of each transaction will be display at the bottom of the screen, updating dynamically as you select additional items to deposit or withdraw. Once an item is placed into Void Storage, it can remain there indefinitely for no additional cost.
It’s important to note that the goal of Void Storage isn’t to be a second bank, but rather a place where players can safely store items they wish to keep for the life of the game, either for sentimental or aesthetic reasons. Since this particular storage option isn’t really intended for belongings that you’d use a regular basis (like your current set of raiding gear, for example), any item placed in Void Storage will be stripped of all its enhancements, including enchants, gems, sockets, and reforged stats. This will help us reduce the impact such storage can have on the game servers, and ultimately allows us to provide a lot of long-term storage space with minimal impact on everyone's play experience.
- Void Storage holds 80 items. Although the official preview said, "including soulbound items," only soulbound items could be stored once it was implemented.
- Unique items cannot be deposited (this does not include Unique-Equipped items). Many items that were marked as Unique were changed to Unique-Equipped before the release of patch 4.3.
- Items must be fully repaired before they can be deposited.
- You cannot deposit items that are stackable. This means that old currency (such as , some old quest-related items and some Soulbound food and drink cannot be deposited.
- Any equipment placed into this storage will lose all customizations, including enchants, gems, additional sockets, reforged stats, and creator tags on crafted items. This is because the storage system only keeps a record of the item's ID number, for the sake of technical efficiency.
- Any items in your bank or Void Storage that can be used for transmogrification of your current gear can be accessed through a handy drop down menu, inside the transmog interface.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Players can now use items that are in the bank or Void Storage for transmogrification.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Added.