What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been
What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been is an achievement. If you are highly active in all of the seasonal world events — Lunar Festival, Love is in the Air, Noblegarden, Children's Week, Midsummer, Brewfest, Hallow's End, and Winter Veil — you will gain 50 as well as a rare mount, . This achievement takes the longest amount of time to complete, requiring at least a year to complete all of the prerequisites.
A letter from Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
Upon completion, players receive the , attached to a letter from Alexstrasza:
With the drums of war pounding in the distance, it is easy for the denizens of Azeroth to forget all that life has to offer.
You, on the other hand, have maintained the dignity of the good races of Azeroth with your ability to remember what we fight for. To not celebrate our victories is another form of defeat. Remember that well, reveler.
May others be inspired by your good cheer.
Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
- The earliest this achievement could be earned was 20 September 2009 (first day of 2009 Brewfest event).
- The name of this achievement is commonly credited as a lyric from the Grateful Dead song "Truckin'"
- "Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;
- Other times, I can barely see.
- Lately it occurs to me ...
- What a long, strange trip it's been."
- Blizzard has stated they don't plan to add to the achievement criteria. 
A note about Blizzard's philosophy on holiday achievements:
- Lunar Festival
- Love is in the Air
- Noble Garden
- Children's Week
- Hallow's End
- Winter Veil
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer awards Master Riding.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Now awards Master Riding.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): is now required for the meta-achievement What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.