- For world boss, see Yu'lon, The Jade Serpent.
|Title||<The Jade Serpent>|
|Location||Temple of the Jade Serpent, Jade Forest|
|Temple of the Jade Serpent||87 - 92||5,374,625 - 10,539,800|
Mists of Pandaria
is a female Pandaren illusion used by Yu'lon to test the adventurer.
Every hundred years a enormous jade state is built in the temple grounds, so Yu'lon can transfer her life essence into the sculpture, which would then turn into a new being. This cycle has been going for generations.
Yu'lon and the other three Celestials opened the gate to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
She also granted her powers to the Golden Lotus warriors when the mogu invaded the vale after the death of Zhi the Harmonious.
Temple of the Jade Forest
- Main article: Liu Flameheart
During the encounter with Liu Flameheart, roughly around 30%, she summons Yu'lon to defend her. After Yu'lon is defeated, she frees the priestess of all doubt, killing her and flying off.
As part of Wrathion's legendary journey, he and an adventurer visited the Jade Serpent in order to get her blessing.
The trial of Yu'lon is a test of wisdom and faith. With omens of a bleak future floating through his mind. Emperor Shaohao climbed to the summit of Mount Neverest to seek the council of the Jade Serpent. Yu'lon urged Shaohao to cast off the dark emotions that plagued him, and through his trials, Emperor Shaohao would become one with the land. To pass the trial of the Serpent, warriors must be wise in their choices. 
Siege of Orgrimmar
During the quest , the celestials alongside the ghost of Shaohao, Lorewalker Cho and Adventurer gathered around to begin to heal the Vale. She flies around in a circle after the tree was planted upon the ground to begin the process of healing Pandaria.
- There is much work ahead of us if we are to heal the land and mend our wounds. But thanks to your deeds we no longer must work in the shadow of one of the seven breaths of Y'Shaarj.
- In time, the sha will cease to be, and your name will be remembered with the reverence of the last emperor.
She is involved in the following quests:
- Greetings, little one.
- May joy be in your heart.
- I will guide your way.
- A new day is upon us.
- What do you seek, my child?
- Spring will bloom.
- May your journey be joyful.
- Wisdom guide your path.
- Farewell little one.
- The cycle always turns.
- I apologize for the deception, but it was necessary.
- In thousands of years, we have never seen one of your kind.
- It was imperative that I first measure the bearing of your heart.
- Come ride with me, little one. There is something I wish you to see.
- The Temple Priest are too frightened to face the truth...
- I grow old, little one. My time on this world is nearly done.
- Do you see that great statue in the distance?
- A little more jade - the jade you helped to acquire - and it will be finished.
- With my last breath, I will transfer my life essence into the statue, and a new guardian will be born.
- Do not be saddened. The cycle is clear - it neither begins nor ends with me
- Someday, you may also be called upon to defend all that is dear to you.
- When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.
- We live together, or we die together. All of Pandaria is connected.
- I grow weary. I must rest now.
- Good-bye, little one. I will see you soon enough.
- This battle has extracted a heavy toll. My own rebirth will have to wait for several years.
- Learn from this, stranger!
- I do not know why the mists have opened. But I know that it is for a reason.
- It is clear that you are not here to bring your war to these lands. There is a darkness hidden here in Pandaria - this you have seen for yourself!
- But I am certain that the mists parted for a reason. YOU are that reason. Find your purpose here.
- You can learn a great deal about this land from the Valley of the Four Winds.
- There is another visitor from beyond the mists here. "Chen Stormstout" he is called. He is Pandaren, but from a different homeland.
- Walk this land with Chen at your side. Make friends among the people here. You will find answers in time.
- Children of Pandaria. The mists have fallen. For good or for ill, our land is open to all.
- Let us draw ourselves together to rebuild this sacred place, the first step toward healing a war-torn world.
- Children of Pandaria. The mists have fallen. A new era dawns for us all. Accept the healing powers of this Vale... but use these gifts wisely.
- Wrathion says: Great Jade Serpent. Hear our plea.
- Wrathion says: My champion and I seek the blessing of your wisdom.
- Yu'lon says: Ah, the dragon-child and the hero. Together you will achieve great things.
- Yu'lon says: Tell me, dragon-child. What is the nature of wisdom?
- Wrathion says: To do what is right, no matter the cost. That is wisdom.
- Yu'lon says: Spoken like a true child of the Aspects. Always seeking to change the world.
- Yu'lon says: But true wisdom comes from KNOWING what is right. And sometimes DOING nothing at all.
- Wrathion says: When is it ever wise not to act for the greater good?
- Yu'lon says: To learn THAT is to learn true wisdom.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.
- Yu'lon (玉龙, pinyin: yù lóng) is Chinese for "jade dragon".
- In the original four symbols of Chinese mythology which the August Celestials are based on, the dragon in the East is blue instead of green.
- Yu'lon is voiced by Debi Mae West.