- For lore and background about the August Celestial, see Yu'lon.
<The Jade Serpent>
Cloud serpent (Beast)
- Main article: Yu'lon
The trial of Yu'lon is a test of wisdom and faith. With omens of a bleak future floating through his mind. Emperor Shaohao climbed to the summit of Mount Neverest to seek the council of the Jade Serpent. Yu'lon urged Shaohao to cast off the dark emotions that plagued him, and through his trials, Emperor Shaohao would becone one with the land. To pass the trial of the Serpent, warriors must be wise in their choices.
- 473,653 - 707,386 Damage
- 24,840 Armor
- Jadeflame Buffet — Inflicts 30,000 Fire damage to all nearby players and increases Firedamage taken by 5% for 1 min. This effect stacks.
- Jadefire Breath — Inflicts 300,000 Fire damage to players within a 40 yard cone.
- Jadefire Bolt — Launches several Jadefire Bolts, creating Jadefire Blazes at the impact locations
- Jadefire Wall — Summons a massive wall of jade fire, inflicting 500,000 Fire damage to players caught within the blaze.
Yu'lon is generally seen as the most difficult of the four celestials, with high amounts of both tank and raid-wide damage, along with a deadly and hard to dodge mechanic in Jadefire Wall. Only one tank is required.
The tank may attempt to dodge Jadefire Breath by moving to either side while Yu'lon is casting. The Jade Serpent will periodically shoot Jadefire Bolts to the ground around her, creating Jadefire Blazes. These blazes can be somewhat hard to see against the green-brown ground of the arena, particularly when the graphics settings are on low. In addition, they spawn quickly with no cast time and little warning, so raid members should always be ready to move. The tanks should constantly be kiting Yu'lon around the arena to minimize threat of the Jadefire Blazes. While kiting, keep Yu'lon faced away from the raid to avoid damage from Jadefire Breath.
The Jade Serpent's most devastating attack is Jadefire Wall, summoning a giant wave of green fire that starts at the end of the arena where Emperor Shaohao is. The mechanic is similar to Sartharion's Lava Walls, with small gaps in the waves as the only way to avoid them. For this reason, the tanks should try to keep the combat to the other side of the arena to give the raid as much time as possible to get between the gaps.
- Emperor Shaohao yells: Long ago, the jade serpent instructed me to purify my spirit and become one with the land. My doubts were vanquished.
- Yu'lon yells: The lesson of true wisdom lies within you, dear heroes, and in the choices you make. When faced with overwhelming darkness, will you make the right decisions?
- The trial begins!
- Jadefire Wall
- Listen to your inner voice, and seek out the truth.
- Do not let your judgement be clouded in trying times.
- Always consider the consequences of your actions.
- Killed a Player
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Yu'lon yells: Your wisdom has seen you through this trial. May it ever light your way out of dark places.
- Emperor Shaohao yells: You have walked the trial of wisdom, and learned of the path of the jade serpent. May you learn from this lesson as I did.
- Tier 16 gloves and leggings
- Arena Season 15 epic necklaces, cloaks, bracers, gloves, boots and rings
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-04-07): "All world bosses in Mists of Pandaria are no longer tap-to-faction. Players from both factions that engage the world boss at the same time are now eligible for loot."
- Patch 5.4.7 (2014-02-18): Celestials now drop Season 15 Prideful Gladiator gear in place of Season 14 Grievous Gladiator gear.
- Hotfix (2013-12-02): "The Celestials (Chi-Ji, Niuzao, Xuen, and Yu'lon) have their health reduced to 25% of original health. If more than 10 players from the same faction are engaged with the Celestial, their health will scale up. The health increase will cap at 100% of their original health with 40 players."
- Hotfix (2013-10-03): "Yu'lon now launches 5 Jadefire Bolts (down from 10)."
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added.